Title: Authentic Mumbai pav bhaji recipe: A spicy delight from the streets of Mumbai
Mumbai, the bustling city of dreams, is not only known for its vibrant culture and iconic landmarks but also for its mouthwatering street food. Among the many delectable treats that Mumbai has to offer, one dish stands out as a favorite among local and tourists alike: pav bhaji. This delightful and spices mashed vegetable Curry served with buttered bread rolls, known as pav, is a gastronomic delight that has captured the hearts and teste buds of millions. In this blog post ,we’ll explore the authentic Mumbai pav bhaji recipe that you can recreate in your won kitchen and experience the true flavors of the city.
. 4 medium size potatoes, boiled and mashed
. 1 cup cauliflower, finally chopped
. 1 cup green peas
. 1 cup bell pepper, finally chopped
. 2 medium size onions, Finley chopped
. 2 medium size tomato, finally chopped
. 2 tablespoon pav bhaji masala
. 1 teaspoon red chili powder
. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
. Salt to test
. Fresh coriander leaves, finally chopped
. 8 pav (bed rolls)
. Additional butter for sarving
. Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a large pan or kadhai, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, graded ginger, and chopped green chillies. Saute for a minute until the raw aroma disappear.
2. Add the final chopped onion and saute until they trun translucent and slightly golden brown.
3. Add the finely chopped bell pepper and saute for a Couple of minutes until they become slightly tougher.
4. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook until til they trun soft and mushy, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the finely chopped cauliflower, green peas, and mashed potatoes to the pan .mix well and mash the vegetables using a potato mash the vegetables using a potato masher or the back of a spoon.
6. Add pav bhaji masala, red chili powder,turmeric powder, and salt to test . Mix everything together until well incorporated into the vegetables mixture.
7. Cook the bhaji on medium low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if the mixture seems too dry.
8. Once the bhaji reaches a thick a creamy consistency,add the lemon juice and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
9. Turn off the heat and garnish the pav bhaji with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
10. For the pav, slit each bread roll horizontally, leaving one side intact.
11. Heat a griddle or tewa and add a little butter. Place the pav on the griddle, cut side down ,and cook until they become light golden and slightly crisp.
12. Sarve the hot and spicy Mumbai pav bhaji with the buttered pav, a dollop of butter on top, and lemon wedges on the side.
whether you prepare this delightful dish for a family gathering or to satisfy your street food craving, the Mumbai pav bhaji recipe is sure to empress and leave everyone wanting more. So, put on your apron, gather the ingredients, and embark on a culinary journey to experience the true essence of Mumbai through its iconic street food delight.