Title:Mouthwatering matar paneer recipe: A delight for your teste buds!
when it’s comes to Indian cuisine, there are few dishes as iconic and beloved as matar paneer. This delectable combination of peas (matar) and soft cottage cheese (paneer) simmered in a rich and creamy tomato- based Gavi is a vegetarian delight that never fails to impress. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or an adventurous foodie, this blog post will guide you through an easy and authentic matar paneer recipe that will tantalize your taste buds. So let’s dive into the wrald of aromatic spices and flavors!
For the gravy:
. 2 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
. 1 medium-size size onions, Finley chopped
. 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
. 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
. 2 medium-size size tomato, pureed
. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
. 1 teaspoon turmeric leaves
. 1 teaspoon red chili powder
. 1 teaspoon coriander powder
. 1 teaspoon garam masala
. Salt to test
. 1/2 cups water
. Fresh coriander leaves for Garnishing
For the matter paneer:
. 250 gram paneer, cubes
. 1 cups green peas
. 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream ( for a richr gravy)
. 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds until fragrant.
2. Add the finely chopped onion and saute until they turn golden brown. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for another minute.
3. Now, add the tomato puree to the pan and cook until they raw smell disappears and the oil starts to separate from the mixture. This process may take around 5-7 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to law and add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt . Mix well tand cook for 2 minutes, allowing the spices to blender together.
5. Add water to adjust the consistency of the gravy and bring it to a gently simmer.
6. Add the green peas to the gravy and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they become tender. If using frozen peas, follow the cooking instructions on the package.
7. Gently add the paneer cubes to the simmering gravy and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the paneer, as it can become chewy.
8. If you parfer a richer gravy,pour in the milk or heavy cream and stir well. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
9. Crush the kasuri methi between your palms and sprinkle it over the mater paneer . This step is optional but add a delightful aroma and flavor to the dish.
10. True off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
serve the mater paneer hot with nan ,roti or steamed rice, and enjoy the burst of flavors!
Mater paneer is a classic Indian dish that combines the sweetness of green peas with the creamy goodness of paneer in a spiced tomato-based gravy. This vegetarian delight is perfect for a cozy dinner at home or when entertaining guests. By following this easy-to-make recipes ,you will be able to recreate the authentic flavors of matar paneer in your won kitchen.