Title: Dal makhani: A creamy delight for your teste buds- recipe included
dal makhani, a classic North Indian foods, is a celebration of flavor and textures. This rice and creamy lentil preparation has gained immense popularity both within India and around the world. If you’re caving a delicious and satisfying vegetarian dish, look no further. In this blog, we will guide you through a step-by step recipe to recreate the magic of dal makhani in your own kitchen.
to make dal makhani, you will need the following ingredients:
. Black lentil (whole urad dal ) 1 cup
. Red kidney beans (rajma) 1/4 cup
. Ghee (clarified butter) 2 tablespoons
. Butter 2 tablespoon
. Onions, Finley chopped 1 medium-size
. Garlic cloves, minced 4-5
. Ginger, grated 1 tablespoon
. Tomato, pureed 2 medium-size
. Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
. Turmeric powder 1/2 tablespoon
. Garam masala 1 tablespoon
. Salt to test
. Fresh cream 1/4 cup
. Kasuri methi 1 tablespoon
. Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
Step 1 : soaking the Lentils and beans
- Rinse the black Lentils (under dal) and red kidney beans (rajma) under cold water.
2. Soak them together in water for at last 6 hours or overnight. This helps in softening the Lentils and reducing the cooking time.
Step 2 : cooking the Lentils beans
- drain the soaked Lentils and beans and transfer them to a pressure cooker.
2. Add fresh water, along with salt and turmeric powder.
3. Cook on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the Lentils and beans are tender and well-cooked.
4. Once cooked,mash them slightly with the back of spoon or a masher to achieve a cremey consistency.
step 3: preparation the dal makhani
- Heat ghee and butter in a deep pan or kadhai over medium heat.
2. Add the finely chopped onion and saute until the trun golden brown.
3. Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for another minute until the raw aroma disappear.
4. Add the tomato puree and cook antil the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
5. Sprinkler red chili powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes to allow the spices to infuse their flavors.
Step 4: combining the Lentils and spices
- transfer the cooked lentil and beans to the pan with the prepared tomato and spices mixture.
2. Mix everything together and let it simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and the dal to thicken.
3. Add fresh cream for a creamy texture and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
4. Crush the kasuri methi ( dried fenugreek leaves) between your palms and sprinkle them over the dal makhani.
5. Stir gently to incorporate the flavor.
step 5: Garnish and serve
- garnish the dal makhani with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
2. Serve hot with steamed rice , nan bread or roti for a wholesome meal.
dal makhani is a culinary masterpiece that showcases the rice and diverse flavors of Indian cuisine.