Illish vapa,also known as steamed Hilsa, is a traditional bengali dish that is popular throughout banglades and West Bengal . It is a simple and healthy dish that is easy to make and is a great way to enjoy the rice and flavorful taste of hilsa fish.
. 1 large hilsa fish
. 2 tablespoons of mustard paste
. 2 tablespoons of yogurt
. 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder
. 2 green chillies, chopped
. Salt to test
. Banana leaf
- clean the fish thoroughly and remove its scales and fins. Cut the fish into 4-6 pieces and set aside.
2. In a blow , mixed the mustard paste , yogurt, turmeric powder, chili powder, chopped green chillies and salt.
3. Spread a banana leaf on a flat surface and place the fish pieces on top of it . Make sure the fish pieces are well coated with the mixture.
4. Fold the banana leaf to wrap the fish pieces completely.
5. Heat a steamer and place the wrapped fish inside it . Steam the fish for 15-20 minutes or until the fish Is fully cooked.
6. Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the steamer and carefully unwrap the banana leaf.
7. Serve the fish hot with steamed rice and enjoy the delicious flavor of the ilish vapa.
ilish vapa is a delicious and healthy dish that is enjoyed by many people throughout banglades and West Bengal. It is a simple dish that is easy to make and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether you’re a fan of hilsa fish or not , ilish vapa is a dish that is definitely worth trying.