Title: Alu posto recipe: A traditional bengali delight
Introduction: Alu posto is a classic bengali dish that combines the earthiness of potatoes with the rich flavor of poppy seeds pasta. This vegetarian recipe is a staple in bengali household and is loved for its creamy texture and aromatic teste. In this blog post, we will guide you together the steps by step process of preparing alu posto, so you can recreate this delightful dish in your own kitchen and Savor the authentic flavor of Bengal.
. Potatoes:4 medium-size , peeled and cut into cubes
. Poppy seeds 4 tabletops
. Green chillies: 2 , slit lengthwise
. Mustard oil 2 tablespoon
. Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
. Salt to test
. Sugar a pinch (optional)
. Water is needed
step 1 : soak and grind the poppy seeds
- please the poppy seeds in a small bowl and wrap water to cover them.
2. Allow the poppy seeds to soak for about 30 minutes. This helps soften them for easier grinding.
3. After soaking, drain the water and transfer the poppy seeds to a blender or a mortar and pastle.
4. Grind the poppy seeds into a smooth pasta. If using a blender, you me need to add a little water to aid the grinding process.
step 2: prepare the potatoes
- Heat the mustard oil in a deep-bottomed pan or kadhai over medium heat.
2. Add the slit green chillies to the hot oil and saute them for about a minute, allowing there flavors to infuse into the oil.
3. Add the cubed potatoes to the pan and mix well, assure they are coated with the oil and spices.
4. Sprinkler the turmeric powder and salt over the potato, giving them a vibrant color and enhanced taste.
5. Reduce the heat to law, cover the pan, and cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes or until the are tender. Stir accasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
step 3: add the poppy seeds pasta
- once the potatoes are cooked, add the ground poppy seeds pasta to the pan.
2. Mix the pasta thoroughly with the potatoes, ensuring every piece is coated with the creamy poppy seeds mixture.
3. Cook the potatoes and poppy seeds pasta together for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavor to meld.
step 4: adjust the seasoning and serve
- test the alu posto and the adjust the seasoning with salt if needed.
2. For a hint of sweetness, you can add a pinch of sugar and mix well.
3. If the dish appears too dry, add a little water gradually to achieve the desired consistency.
4. Once the flavors have melded together, trun off the heat and let the alu posto rest for a few minutes.
. Alu posto is traditional served with steamed rice, which compliment its creamy texture and flavor.
. You can garnish the dish with a sprinkle of roasted cumin powder or chopped fresh cilantro for added aroma and teste.
. Accompany the meal with a side of pickles or a refreshing cucumber salad to balance the richness of the alu posto.